Summer Food Service Program InternChild Care Resources, Inc.
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
Development Department Summer InternOMSI
Therapy/social curriculum workVillage Volunteers
Administrative AssistantAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Fundraising InternClara Vista
In-Country CoordinatorClara Vista
Front Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Graphic Design InternBookmark This
121-125 Chestnut Street
Posted: August 31 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionMcMillan Music and Entertainment Group, is a community based Music Education program, that serves inner city, at risk, gifted and talented youth, who are interested in Music and Entertainment . We use life skills, leadership skills, counseling, conflict resolution as tools to bring them into a place where they will become productive citizens in society.
Responsibilities- Assists in the design and development of layouts for marketing materials, using appealing graphics that are well organized
- Responsible to incorporate current design trends into each unique layout to produce an up-to-date style for custom ads
- Ability to exercise good judgment when interpreting instructions and to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions
- Utilize strong written skills and bring effective visual ideas from concept through to completion
Job Duties and Tasks for: "Graphic Designer"
1) Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and esthetic design concepts.
2) Determine size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type.
3) Use computer software to generate new images.
4) Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer.
5) Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer.
6) Review final layouts and suggest improvements as needed.
7) Confer with clients to discuss and determine layout design.
8) Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites.
9) Key information into computer equipment to create layouts for client or supervisor.
10) Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients and/or supervisors and making necessary changes.
11) Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services.
12) Prepare notes and instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts for printing.
13) Develop negatives and prints to produce layout photographs, using negative and print developing equipment and tools.
14) Photograph layouts, using camera, to make layout prints for supervisors or clients.
15) Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of television news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment.
* VIRTUAL IS A POSSIBLE OPTION FOR SOME ASSIGNMENTS
Requirements- Working towards a BA or certificate from a Fine Arts program/Graphic Design school
- Experience with Adobe InDesign, and proficiency in Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator
- Knowledge of Mac OS and software upgrades and proficiency in Microsoft Office programs
- Must be a team player and flourish in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Open to constructive criticism and customer feedback
A graphic designer must have:
Originality and a strong visual sense
Strong computer skills
Confidence to present and explain ideas to clients and colleagues
An interest in graphics and typography