Communications InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Graphic Design/Photo InternBookmark This
1721 Broadway Ste #201
Posted: May 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCome join experienced entrepreneurs, community leaders, and chefs that are doing good in the world through community engagement, education, and DELICIOUS FOOD!
Looking for a superstar graphic design & photo intern to help create marketing materials for a new nonprofit startup. We have partnerships with great local and national organizations and are ready to move forward but would like to develop brochures, flyers, and other marketing materials to use on our website and to send out to potential and existing donors.
The part-time position requires a level of independence to take on projects. Being resourceful and having a "start-up" and "can-do" attitude is what keeps our team going -- we'd definitely appreciate someone who possesses those traits.
Expect once-a-week meetings to check-in, brainstorm, discuss campaigns, and set goals/tasks for the week. Aside from that, the graphic design projects will be spearheaded by our interns and approved by management teams. In other words, it's your time to shine!
Depending on location and level of commitment, a stipend may be discussed. To apply, please send links to 1-3 social networking profiles to demonstrate interest and knowledge, along with a resume.
Responsibilities- Create flyers, brochures, and newsletters
- Work with marketing interns to distribute newly-designed materials
- Attend events for photo opportunities
- Photo editing and preparation for graphic design work or website
Requirements- Has a passion for food business, community engagement, and social/environmental issues especially regarding economic empowerment, refugee resettlement, women's rights, food justice and accessibility to healthy foods for low-income residents
- Creative artist with an eye for marketing
- Experience with graphic design and/or photography
- Prefers diversity in a work environment with clients, customers, and team members
- Performs well in a start-up environment that values creativity and teamwork
- Exhibits personal qualities, such as open-mindedness, enthusiasm, and independence
- Enjoys building projects from the ground up, taking on new challenges, and creating new ideas
SkillsRequired - Marketing, Graphic Design, Photography, Video Editing, Digital Photography, Videography, Marketing Material Creation
Preferred - Graphic Design, Photography, Marketing Material Creation