Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Grassroots Outreach InternBookmark This
The Humane League
Posted: June 06 2016
Company Location: Philadelphia, PA
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 12 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionInterning with The Humane League is a great way to gain valuable job experience in the nonprofit field while helping to create a more compassionate world for farm animals. As an intern, you will be involved in a wide variety of projects, including:
- Raising awareness about farm animal issues by leafleting, tabling at festivals and concert venues, and distributing informational literature around the city.
- Working with local restaurants and cafes to promote veg options, implement new vegan items on the menu, and collaborate for local events.
- Helping to organize, promote and execute special events, including outreach to local businesses for donations and sponsorship.
- Supporting local and national campaigns through social media, online petitions, email correspondence, and various other forms.
- Conducting online research for local outreach projects, compiling and entering data, and occasionally assisting with social media posting.
Interning at The Humane League requires your passion, dedication and hard work. All interns must be responsible for their own housing, and must be available for at least one month, ranging from 8 to 40 hours a week. Although our internships are unpaid, we promote practical application of academic concepts in real-world, professional settings.
We are currently offering internships in the following cities, as well as virtual/remote internships:
Miami / Ft. Lauderdale, FL
New York City, NY
San Francisco, CA
San Diego, CA
ResponsibilitiesAs an outreach intern, you will be involved in a wide variety of projects, including:
- Raising awareness by leafleting, tabling at festivals and concert venues, and distributing informational literature around the city.
- Working with restaurants and cafes to add new vegan items to their menus.
- Helping to organize, promote and execute special events.
- Promoting and planning our Humane Education presentations.
Interning at The Humane League ranges from grassroots activity to corporate outreach, and requires your dedication and hard work.
RequirementsInterns are expected to have a computer/laptop. All interns must be available for at least one month, ranging from 10 to 40 hours a week. Although our internships are unpaid, we promote practical application of academic concepts in real-world, professional settings.
We accept applications on a rolling basis. To apply for an internship position in one of our regional offices, please complete the application here: http://thehumaneleague.com/jobs/internship-application/
SkillsRequired - Oral & Written Communication Skills, Critical Thinking, Creative, Positive Attitude, Attention To Detail, Perseverance
Preferred - Google Drive, Excel