Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Grassroots Political CanvasserBookmark This
Texas Campaign for the Environment
3303 Lee Parkway Suite 402
Posted: October 12 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTEXAS CAMPAIGN FOR THE ENVIRONMENT (TCE) is the state’s largest non-profit environmental and consumer advocacy group with a 25 year history of winning groundbreaking campaigns. Amongst other landmark victories, we've recently made several notable accomplishments:
• Fort Worth-based Pier 1 Imports phasing out out toxic flame retardants in their furniture
• Houston Mayor Annise Parker bringing curbside recycling to all Houston households
• Rayovac publicly announcing its support for manufacturer-led battery recycling programs
TCE has truly pioneered a community-based structure of organizing. Now we need you to help tackle Texas’ most recent problem, law-breaking oil and gas polluters damaging public health.
We are currently looking for dependable, motivated individuals to be part of our grassroots campaigns.
TCE’s canvassers are the best around. We seek candidates who are committed to a professional, highly community-focused door-to-door canvassing environment. We provide paid, in-house training for those with a desire to work hard. The Canvasser will be responsible for creating relationships within designated community areas of the city and building our grassroots base of supporters. The Canvasser will be held to high expectations of performance with weekly and monthly goals for various organizing activities.
* The harder you work, the more you earn. *
Full-time: Monday through Friday, 2:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
*Part-time positions available (minimum 3 weekdays; hours are 2pm-10pm).
$340/week+ (4 days)
$255/week+ (3 days)
- Bonuses available depending on fundraising success
• Paid vacation, paid sick days and paid holidays
• Rapid advancement and management training
• Opportunities for travel throughout Texas and the U.S., including national and regional conferences
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance coverage.
Responsibilities• Develop effective rapport with members of the public and effectively encourage them to join our campaign through writing letters and making donations
• Tenaciously and consistently approach contacts with energy, drive, and enthusiasm
• Consistently hit fundraising and other canvassing goals set by management
• Motivate and assist other team members
• Accurately and positively represent TCE in all situations
Requirements• High-level relationship building skills with the ability to build consensus, engage a wide range of stakeholders and allies, and navigate complex community and political dynamics
• Persistent solution-orientation and the ability to connect daily activities to the specific targets and objectives of the overall campaign
• Can quickly adapt an approach to fit a contact’s personality
• Maintain positive and dynamic with enthusiasm for the cause
• Courteous, presentable, and engaging
• Ability to work well in a team
• Excellent verbal communication skills
SkillsRequired - Strong Communication Skills, Fluent English, Proactivity, Persuasive Communication, Communicate Clearly, Environmental Advocacy
Preferred - Sustainability, Grassroots Fundraising, Enthusiastic, Activism, Political Campaigns, Political Communication, Political Organization, Public Speaking, Canvassing, Sales