Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Great Internship Focus On EducationBookmark This
Changing The Present
401 7th Avenue, level B
New York, NY
Posted: October 04 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern or Volunteer with ChangingThePresent.org to Support Education and Make a Difference in Students’ Lives!
• Use your skills, experience, knowledge, creativity and talent to improve the lives of children who deserve an education
• Help us capture for education nonprofits– or for other causes you care about –some of the $250 billion Americans spend each year buying presents
• Become a member of our dynamic and creative international team, and become a leader among those who care for the same causes as you do
• Help us grow a movement to facilitate and encourage a new type of meaningful giving through direct engagement of nonprofits, foundations, associations, thought leaders, media, and celebrities
• Work from our Manhattan office or remotely
• Enhance your resume and get a glowing letter of recommendation
Focus on Education or Your Other Favorite Cause
At ChangingThePresent you can focus on education or any other favorite cause.
We Channel New Funds to Nonprofits
Americans spend $250 billion a year on birthday, holiday, and other presents, most of which make no difference in the lives of those who receive them. Tons of sweaters, furry slippers, and ties end up in the dark corners of our closets. Meanwhile, thousands of non-profit organizations desperately need more funding in order to make a quality education accessible for all children.
Some people, who seek meaning more than things, are starting to make donations in a friend’s name in lieu of giving traditional presents. However, most nonprofits cannot provide the rewarding gift-like experience—wish lists, gift registries, and personalized printed greeting cards—required to make that feel like a rewarding gift.
ChangingThePresent.org provides those tools to facilitate this type of giving for nonprofits and donors. Imagine the impact we can make together as more and more people adopt this as a norm.
The New York Times called us an “amazon.com of the nonprofit world” for our work in helping 400 leading nonprofits capture money normally spent on traditional presents. Now, we are about to offer this opportunity to all million nonprofits. You can help us reach all the nonprofits that provide education services to children, as well as individuals who prefer to support the cause than to buy or receive more stuff.
This is a great place to work. We have had interns and volunteers from all over the United States and more than forty countries. The atmosphere is energetic, creative, and fun. We value brainstorming, initiative, sharing, and collaborating. Think of it is a laboratory, studio, seminar, or incubator. We are also casual. We are interested in your brains, creativity and heart, rather than your attire. Want to work in jeans, t-shirt and flip-flops? That’s fine with us.
If you want more information, you can also see an illustrated presentation at www.ChangingThePresent-Join.org.
ResponsibilitiesSee the description above
Requirements• High school, undergraduate, and graduate students, as well as professionals who want to make the greatest impact with their skills;
• Full-time or part-time, school-year or summer, day or evening, weekday or weekend. Schedule is flexible;
• Proficient with Microsoft Office applications;
• Happy to work in an energetic, creative, and supportive environment with interns from around the world.