- Internships /
- Non-profit /
- Guest Services Coordinator and Women's Ministry Intern: Bridgeport Rescue Mission
Day Center InternThe Sophia Way
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Program InternsEveryday Miracles
Summer Internship with Garden School FoundationThe Garden School Foundation
Program Assistant InternSt. Francis Center
Marketing and Communications InternCommunity Health Improvement Partners
Guest Services Coordinator and Women's Ministry Intern: Bridgeport Rescue MissionBookmark This
1088 Fairfield Ave
Posted: June 30 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries.
One Year Paid Internship
Housing is provided by hosting ministry (or a cash equivalent living stipend).
Interns paid a living stipend from $200-$600/month (depending on site).
Free tuition in City Vision College
for a full year paid by hosting ministry. (Optional)
Expectation is typically 40 hours of volunteer work per week.
ResponsibilitiesThe Guest Services Coordinator for Women serves the needs of guests and residents at both our Women’s Center and the Guest House for Women & Children. The Coordinator ensures the 3 core elements of the New Life Discipleship Program are fully lived out through all classes and activities. The 3 Core elements are: Spiritual Formation, Addiction Recovery and Life Skills.
• Prepare a weekly report that indicates the upcoming week activities, scheduled drivers, weekend coverage staff, identifies issues, absent teachers, etc.
o Coordinate transportation needs for all students and guests by identifying drivers and ensuring drivers have their schedule. This includes church, AA meetings, Mission activities, etc. Identify and solve glitches in the schedule related to transportation, etc.
o Ensure teachers are alerted to any changes in the teaching schedule. Submit a weekly report of the start and stop times for volunteer teachers and alert the Director when teachers will be absent, making suggestions for how to fill the gaps in the schedule.
o Ensure the Weekend House Manager Staff is aware of their schedules, problem-solve coverage issues and keep Director apprised. When scheduled weekend or overnight work schedule conflicts arise, the individual scheduled to work is responsible for first trying to find someone to exchange shifts. After exhausting shift exchange possibilities, the Guest Services Coordinator will work with the Director for next step solutions.
• Model healthy communication and prayer as a key element of living in community especially in times of conflict among residents.
• Ensure the safety and well-being of our students and guests.
• When counseling needs arise inform and connect Director with the student. The role of the Guest Services Coordinator does not include counseling students.
• Make decisions in emergency situations i.e. fire, police, ambulance, etc.
• Ensure all guest and student activities unfold as scheduled.
• Determine a higher level of excellence in all Work Therapy activities at the Women’s Center, setting standards, inspecting and coaching students to success.
• Become proficient in using Spero Case Management Software for notes with NL students.
• Ensure students venture out to partake in healthy activities and only in pairs (not alone).
• Complete Incident reports as necessary.
• Communicate with the New Life Discipleship Program Director as necessary.
• Ensure medications are secure and administered properly.
• Sign BRM Statement of Faith
• Ability to juggle details, solve problems and keep track of schedules and needs.
• Willingness to be flexible and be creative in solving issues.
Requirements-At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
-Must be a Christian
-U.S. or Canadian citizen, U.S. or Canadian national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid
student or work visa
-Able to make at least a summer (May 20-August 9) commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)
-Able to financially live on just free housing and any outside income sources you have.
-Able to relocate to a location of a ministry site (unless a site exists at your current location)
For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org. For more information about
this site visit The Pittsburgh Project.