Marketing-Communications AssistantGirl Scouts of Eastern SC
Rosemount Family Resource Center and Food Shelf Internship360 Communities
Bilingual CalFresh InternSecond Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
Office InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing InternSalastina Music Society
Young Professionals Network - Children's BureauChildren's Bureau
Community Radio ProgrammingMALCOLM X CENTER - WMXP/95.5fm
Communication InternEmbrace Relief Foundation Inc
Hands of Hope Internship 2016Bookmark This
Casa de Esperanza
PO BOX 66581
Posted: March 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 20 Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCasa de Esperanza de los Ninos-the House of Hope for Children-is a safe place for children in crisis due to abuse, neglect or the effects of HIV. Casa de Esperanza provides residential care, and coordinates medical and psychological services according to the needs of each child.
We are looking for applicants with a broad range of skills. Applicants will work directly with abused, neglected and HIV+ children who are 6 years of age or younger at the time of placement. Applicants will do everything necessary to properly and safely care for, advocate for and generally meet the daily needs of the four to five children placed in the home. This will include direct hands-on care of the children, daily household tasks, paperwork, participation in appointments with physicians, psychologists, developmental specialists, therapists (speech, physical and occupational) and any other specialists as needed. Applicants will provide 24-hour care to the children in a family style setting.
This is a challenging but rewarding internship/volunteer opportunity. We are looking for a one year placement with an option for extension to two years or longer. Two weeks of initial training is provided with additional trainings provided throughout the year. Supervisors live on-site and are available 24/7. We are currently accepting applications for training start dates that will begin on June 16, 2016, September 15, 2016 as well as a January 2017 group.
This would be an excellent opportunity for anyone who has recently graduated and is looking for some hands on experience before pursuing a further degree or employment. We hope you will seriously consider joining us in our mission to provide new hope to these wonderful children.
• To care for the children placed in your home
• To promote skills to develop healthy attachments
• To participate as a team member in implementing the children's Plan of Service and therapeutic regime
• To complete household duties including, but not limited to: cooking, cleaning, laundry and maintaining the house, and vehicles
• To transport and participate in medical and therapy appointments
• To support the children's primary attachment to biological parents
• To complete all necessary paperwork in a timely manner
• To communicate regularly with supervisors regarding the welfare of the children
• To complete 20 hours of ongoing training on an annual basis
• To follow the policies of Casa de Esperanza at all times
• At least 21 years old
• Willingness to make a one-year commitment
• College degree preferred
• Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with others
• Flexibility and Patience
• Good general health, with a high energy level, and able to lift 35-40 pounds
• Valid U.S. Driver's License