Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Health Outreach AssistantBookmark This
Childrens Defense Fund-Texas
5410 Bellaire Blvd. Suite 203
Posted: December 08 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 3 Part-time, Unpaid (College Credit Required)
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionOrganization Background: The Children’s Defense Fund Leave No Child Behind® mission is to ensure every child a Healthy Start, a Head Start, a Fair Start, a Safe Start and a Moral Start in life and successful passage to adulthood with the help of caring families and communities. For more than 15 years, CDF-Texas has been a leader for Texas children who cannot vote, lobby or speak for themselves. We have connected more than one million Texas children to affordable health care coverage, helped Texas youth who Beat the Odds have the opportunity to attend college, and ensured that thousands of Texas school children, young adult leaders, and parents benefit from enriching out of school time opportunities that stem the Cradle to Prison Pipeline.
Program Description: We are committed to raising awareness about the needs of Texas children, connecting children and families to stabilizing resources, and working with partners statewide to coordinate broad support for legislative action on their behalf. The CDF All Healthy Children campaign believes that to ensure a Healthy Start for Texas children, every child must have access to affordable, comprehensive health and mental health coverage and the care they need to grow and thrive.
Collaborating with schools, businesses, media and community partners, we educate and raise awareness about affordable coverage options through CHIP, Children's Medicaid and the Healthcare.gov Marketplace, and help families apply. Our efforts to Connect Kids to Coverage have been recognized nationally and internationally and we welcome new opportunities and partnerships to reduce the number of uninsured children and families in our "highest uninsured" state of Texas.
Position Description: The CDF-Texas Health Outreach Intern will learn firsthand how programs in the community are effectively planned, executed, and evaluated. The intern will work closely with the health outreach team to attend outreach events, prepare materials, and provide important information to the community about children’s health coverage. Training will be provided.
Responsibilities• Coordinating with area agencies, nonprofits, and educational institutions for health outreach events.
• Assisting in preparing and designing health outreach materials for events.
• Work in coordination with the health outreach team to represent CDF-Texas within the community.
• Determine appropriate locations for distribution of materials for children’s health coverage.
• Provide application assistance to families with uninsured children.
• Collecting data and generating reports on health outreach activities.
Requirements• Interest in Social Work, Social Services or Public Health.
• Able to work a minimum of ten hours per week between the hours of 9AM-5PM on weekdays. Occasional evenings and weekends may be required.
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
• Ability to speak confidently before a crowd.
• Pleasant demeanor and the ability to work well with fellow staff, volunteers, and the public is of utmost importance.
• Must have reliable transportation
• Bilingual (English/Spanish) a plus
SkillsRequired - Public Speaking, Community Outreach, Proficient in Microsoft Office
Preferred - Social Media, Public Health, Social Services, Bilingual, Social Work