Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Help the Homeless of Los AngelesBookmark This
Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law
256 S. Occiental Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA
Posted: December 11 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 10 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionTents-4-Homeless is a project aimed providing 1 and 2 person tents to homeless people who for one reason or another are forced to sleep outdoors with no access to sheltered housing. Obviously not intended as along term or structural solution to homelessness, emergency tents provide homeless people with protection from the weather and a semblance of privacy. The initial target population is homeless individuals and families sleeping on sidewalks in the skid row of Los Angeles, the largest concentration of homeless people in the United States. If interest in the project grows, we would like to expand the project to include other highly dense homeless populations in other areas of the country and possibly abroad.
The Center for Human Rights and Constitutional Law, Inc. is looking for a passionate volunteers and interns to assist with its Tents-4-Homeless project We are looking for students/interns/volunteers who can dedicate at least 4 hours/week for at least 2-3 months.
Interns and volunteers may work at the Center's office or remotely helping with any of the following tasks:
• Internet research to identify companies that may support the project through cash or tent donations (e.g. REI, Sports Chalet, Big 5, etc) See (www.tents4homeless.org)
• Internet research and communication with celebrities with large twitter followings or Facebook pages (sports figures, elected officials, etc.) to invite them to support the project through tweets, Facebook posts, etc.
• Research and drafting a posting for the Tents4Homeless web site analyzing policy efforts by Los Angeles city and county to address homelessness and the potential merits and shortcomings of these policies.
• Develop and draft a "know your rights" pamphlet to be included with tents that are distributed this holiday season. The pamphlet will include information regarding the legality of tent camping in the streets of Los Angeles and potential resources available to homeless people in the area.
• Technical assistance ramping up our social networking to increase awareness of and support for the Tents4Homeless project.
• Assistance with the content of our campaign (text, photos, layout, etc.) to increase its effectiveness in reaching potential volunteers and supporters
Those interested in this opportunity should send a short email describing qualifications and assignment preferences to email@example.com with the subject line “[YOUR NAME] Tents-4-Homeless Volunteer/Intern.”