GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
Hispanic Outreach/Cancer Support Specialist InternshipBookmark This
205 W. Randolph
Posted: January 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAbout Imerman Angels:
Through our unique matching process, Imerman Angels partners anyone seeking cancer support with a “Mentor Angel”. A Mentor Angel is a cancer survivor or caregiver who is the same age, same gender, and most importantly who has faced the same type of cancer.
Our service is absolutely free and helps anyone touched by any type of cancer, at any cancer stage level, at any age, living anywhere in the world.
This internship will give its participant(s) a firsthand view of all areas of outreach, specifically through the use of grass-roots efforts, while working for a close-knit nonprofit organization. While Imerman Angels is well-known in Chicago and parts of the Midwest, it is not as well known on the coasts. Participants will have the opportunity to assist with national outreach efforts to ensure Imerman Angels is known all over the country and the world, as well as Participants will also work in close proximity with our programming team to assist with their connection calls to aid in the matching process. You must be fluent in Spanish to be eligible to apply.
• Assist our Bilingual Support specialist with registering Spanish-speaking cancer support seekers. MUST be familiar with and able to discuss medical terminology in Spanish.
• Attend various outreach events when a Spanish-speaker is needed in order to assist with better serving the Hispanic population. (During regular business hours.)
• Other tasks as assigned by the Outreach Coordinator and Bilingual Support Specialist.
• A desire to help grow Imerman Angels’ presence all over the country and the world, especially to other Spanish Speakers. Additionally a desire to ensure that cancer fighters and caregivers receive support so they don’t have to face cancer alone.
• Currently working toward or having recently completed a degree in a related field. (Spanish, sociology, psychology, social work, cultural anthropology, human services, etc.)
• Skilled with computers (Microsoft Office, GoogleDocs, etc.)
• A knowledge of Salesforce would be beneficial, though we can train you.
• We are a small office, and we rely upon our abilities to work and enjoying working with each other. Candidates must be able to communicate in a professional manner with everyone they come in contact with.
• The ability to work under a deadline and to multi-task effectively.
• Strong leadership skills, and the ability to work both with a team and also independently with little instruction.
SkillsRequired - Fluent Spanish
Preferred - Google Docs, Salesforce