Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Home for the Holidays Program InternBookmark This
Warrick Dunn Charities
10 Peachtree Place, NE
Posted: March 10 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionAt Warrick Dunn Charities, we influence lasting change, support families, promote strong futures and bring together communities.
Inspired by Founder, Warrick Dunn’s life journey, we believe a better future starts with hope.
Formed in 1997 with the determination to bring hope and healing to communities, Homes for the Holidays has awarded more than $2.5 million in cash, food and other donations to single parent families across the nation to combat poverty, hunger and ensure families have comfortable surroundings and basic necessities to improve their quality of life.
The organization has two primary service programs: Homes for the Holidays (HFTH) and Betty’s Hope (BH). Warrick Dunn Charities has grown from one-flagship program in four core markets to a national focus within 18 years.
Homes for the Holidays combats poverty and hunger to ensure families have basic necessities and comfortable surroundings to improve their quality of life.
ResponsibilitiesAssist in administrative duties and program operations;
• Manage recipient files and maintain communication with recipients and their children;
• Draft articles for newsletter;
• Execute support services for program;
• Identify and conduct outreach to area non-profits;
• Respond to emails and phone calls regarding program;
• Assist with Homes for the Holidays home shopping, decorating and presentations;
• Research recipient support services and oversee advisory board;
• Develop and edit program collateral material;
• Collect survey data.
This is a wonderful opportunity to develop skills in nonprofit industry and enhance event and programming skills.
RETURN ON INVESTMENT:
• Own projects to include in work portfolio;
• The opportunity to develop skills related to real world business experience and nonprofit best
practices as well as other related skills;
• The opportunity to work in a highly regarded organization which values integrity and professional
• Assistance with job placement if proven effective;
• A letter of reference upon completion of program;
• Collect community service hours;
• Receive credit hours through registered University programs.
RequirementsThe Program Intern is responsible for assisting the Program Coordinator with the planning and implementation of the Homes for the Holidays program.
The ideal candidate is a business savvy individual with outstanding written and oral communication skills, research and organizational skills, detail-oriented, dedicated to quality, committed to finishing tasks and ready to take on new challenges. Must have the ability to work independently.
Candidates will have a strong academic record in business, public relations, political science, interior design, nonprofit management, and/or communications. The intern should be professional and possess a strong work ethic and provide a positive and informed image of Warrick Dunn Charities and its mission in the communities it serves.
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to travel multiple weeks a semester (expenses covered by WDC);
• Proficiency in Excel and Word;
• Photography experience (basic).
-2 to 3 days a week
-Minimum of 8 hours per week
• Travel TBD based on Homes for the Holidays schedule