Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Homeowner Services Administrative Intern: The Pittsburgh ProjectBookmark This
2801 North Charles St.
Posted: January 22 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionCity Vision Internships is a Christian one-year, multi-year or summer internship program based on the AmeriCorps model. Interns serve at one of over 40 positions across the USA and Canada. In the past 10 years, we have placed over 500 full-time interns and 68,000+ volunteers in hundreds of Christian ministries.
For Interns with a Bachelors Degree: One Year Paid Internship
-Housing is provided by hosting ministry (or a cash equivalent living stipend).
-Volunteer Interns paid a living stipend from $200-$600/month (depending on site).
-Free tuition in City Vision College for a full year paid by hosting ministry.(Optional)
-Expectation is typically 40 hours of volunteer work per week.
ResponsibilitiesDescription: 1. Homeowners ( Assist Homeowner Services Manager ): Maintain homeowner database; Process and track homeowner inquiries and applications for service; Determine if applications fit TPP’s criteria, and alert if they do not fit criteria; With direction from Director, respond to homeowner inquiries with plan of action; Assist HSC respond to homeowner calls
2. Service Camps ( Assist Homeowner Services Manager ): Receive and maintain Service Camps registrations and record deposits; Send confirmation letters to, and maintain other communication with, trip leaders; Collect all paperwork for weekend and summer Service Camps; Create worksite, transportation, and rooming assignments for summer and weekend Service Camps; Assist Development Associate register participants for alumni service retreat
3. Social Services ( Assist Homeowner Services Manager and Development Associate ): Serve as liaison to other social service providers that serve vulnerable homeowners; Maintain a current database of service providers that might be needed by our homeowners; Serve as TPP representative to all SHIP related details: attending meetings, keeping records, tracking expenditures, completing reports, communicating with other agencies
4. Volunteers ( Assist Homeowner Services Manager ): Maintain communication, track hours, and offer support to homeowner care volunteers; Maintain communication, track hours, and offer support to volunteer craftsmen
5. Allegheny County’s Area Agency on Aging (Assist Homeowner Services Manager ): Manage AAA contract for home repair services; Maintain needed records and complete monthly billing
6. Financial Accountability: Assist Homeowner Services Department with tracking and reporting expenditures: keeping receipts, monitoring gas card pins and usage, monitoring Home Depot cards, completing MPR, giving / receiving communication from TPP Accountant
7. Common Staff Activities: Participate in weekly staff meetings; Participate in occasional staff retreats; Participate in other staff gatherings, as directed; Assist in other areas as needed
Requirements-At least 18 years old and have a high school diploma or equivalent (GED)
-Must be a Christian
-U.S. or Canadian citizen, U.S. or Canadian national or lawful permanent resident alien, or have a valid student or work visa
-Able to make at least a one year (or summer) commitment (may be extended by mutual agreement)
-Able to financially live on just free housing (and stipend if you opt for the One Year Paid Internship) and any outside income sources you have.
-Able to relocate to a location of a ministry site (unless a site exists at your current location)
For more information or to apply visit cityvisioninternships.org.