Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
IT/Computer Systems Intern100 For All
Texas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty seeks Spring 2017 Advocacy InternTexas Coalition to Abolish the Death Penalty
Spring 2017 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Inventory Management InternCradles To Crayons
Community Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
ASHOKA Social Financial Services Summer 2017 Deep-Dive MastersAshoka: Innovators for the Public
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Housing Search InternBookmark This
Action for Boston Community Development, Inc.
178 Tremont St.
Posted: May 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 2 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
The Housing and Homelessness Department is looking for interns interested in developing their research and direct-care skills by providing assistance to our clients.
• Conduct in-person and/or phone screenings of clients seeking housing and homelessness prevention services
• Assist clients with the intake process by helping them fill out the necessary application, making copies of their paperwork, and setting up appointments for them with the Housing Resource Specialist
• Obtain access to listings of private-owner properties leasing units or apartments, as well as public housing authorities and their waiting lists
• Perform data entry and maintain data tracking systems (ETO, Client Track, etc.) up to date
• Perform other related duties
Skills & Qualifications:
Human Services, Social Work, Sociology, Public Policy, or similar background highly desired. Demonstrated commitment to equitable access to housing required. Must have effective written and verbal communication skills. Must be organized and able to handle several tasks at once while meeting deadlines. Experience working in a fast-paced nonprofit office setting preferred. Must be able to work well both individually and with a team.
Length of Commitment:
June 2016 to September 2016.
Schedule (including day and time if applicable):
10 hours a week, Monday and Wednesday or Tuesday and Thursday from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm.
Please submit resume and cover letter to the Human Resources Department, 178 Tremont St. Boston, MA 02111, Fax (617) 423-7693, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.