2017 Social Media InternshipSchools for Girls
Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
Human Rights Campaign InternshipBookmark This
Human Rights Campaign
1640 Rhode Island Ave, NW
Posted: October 27 2015
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe Human Rights Campaign is the world's largest LGBTQ civil rights and education organization. Through political and educational efforts, HRC works toward an America where LGBTQ people are ensured of their basic equal rights, and can be open, honest and safe at home, at work and in the community.
HRC University, the HRC Internship Program, focuses on leadership training and developing one's voice as an LGBTQ advocate, connecting interns to some of the foremost LGBTQ and allied leaders. In addition, interns play an active role within one of more than two dozen program areas while developing professional skills and experiencing various parts of a non-profit advocacy organization. Our internship program includes a series of educational brown bag seminars, through which every intern will learn about all aspects of the organization, LGBTQ issues, career planning and professional skills.
Internship start/end dates, length and hours per week are flexible. www.hrc.org/intern
Available Internships include: All Children, All Families; Canvass Program & Direct Response; Communications & Marketing; Communities & Volunteer Relations; Consumer Marketing; Data & Analytics, Diversity & Inclusion; Editorial & Digital Media; Email & Social Media; Gala Events; Executive; Federal Club; Field Department; Finance; Government Affairs; Health & Aging; HIV & Health Equity; HRC Foundation; HRC Global; HRC Partners & Member Services; Major Gifts; Media Center; Project One America; Pride & Membership Outreach; Publications & Magazine; Religion & Faith; Welcoming Schools; Workplace Equality; Youth & Campus Engagement.
Compensation: Unpaid, small one-time travel stipend. Scholarship funds (based on financial need & commitment to diversity) may be available.
Full and part-time Internships are available in Washington, DC; Birmingham, Ala., Little Rock, Ark., and Jackson, Miss.
We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women and non-LGBT persons to apply.
Application process is entirely on-line and available: Fall semester: June, Spring semester: October, Summer: February
Responsibilities• Support in developing, maintaining and distributing each program’s publications and outreach materials, where applicable
• Conduct research on various topics to support each program’s focus, projects and resources
• Assist with routine communications to each program’s constituencies, where applicable, as well as responding to inquiries from current and potential constituents
• Maintain database records, where applicable
• Provide logistical support for program meetings and training sessions, where applicable
• Assist in tracking programmatic activities and accomplishments for use in periodic reports to the staff and board of directors, where applicable
• Work independently to complete various projects as assigned
• Attend regular departmental and organization-wide meetings
• Provide limited administrative support, including drafting correspondence, and shipping publications
Requirements• Enrollment in or graduation from an accredited college or university
• Experience with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) is required
• Demonstrated knowledge of and/or interest in LGBTQ issues is required; demonstrated knowledge of and/or interest in the issues that face LGBTQ families and/or LGBTQ youth in the areas of child welfare is a plus
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment is required
• Superior written and verbal communication skills are required