Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Case Management InternUCP of Central Florida
Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Services and Social Work InternshipBookmark This
3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted: August 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship will focus on housing and issues related to homelessness.
Responsibilities- Screen calls to the hotline to determine the need of the caller and then make appropriate referrals.
- Research and update resources, for example, compile a list of agencies that would donate school supplies.
- Attend weekly team meetings, becoming a contributing member of the Housing and Family Services (HFS) team involved in making decisions that impact homeless people.
- Assist case managers with client's day to day needs, which may include accompanying case managers on home visits.
- Participate in training's and tours of agencies as they are offered, for example training on domestic violence, co-occurring disorders such as mental illness and substance abuse and/or visiting other shelters and programs.
- Perform various office duties and attend to donations.
Requirements- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of Family Tree.
- Able to work in chaotic environment - patient a must.
- Willingness to learn and desire to assist people who are in crisis is essential.