Spring 2017 Programs & Outreach InternshipOrganization for Autism Research
Inventory Management InternCradles To Crayons
Community Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
ASHOKA Social Financial Services Summer 2017 Deep-Dive MastersAshoka: Innovators for the Public
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Human Services and Social Work InternshipBookmark This
3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted: August 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship will focus on housing and issues related to homelessness.
Responsibilities- Screen calls to the hotline to determine the need of the caller and then make appropriate referrals.
- Research and update resources, for example, compile a list of agencies that would donate school supplies.
- Attend weekly team meetings, becoming a contributing member of the Housing and Family Services (HFS) team involved in making decisions that impact homeless people.
- Assist case managers with client's day to day needs, which may include accompanying case managers on home visits.
- Participate in training's and tours of agencies as they are offered, for example training on domestic violence, co-occurring disorders such as mental illness and substance abuse and/or visiting other shelters and programs.
- Perform various office duties and attend to donations.
Requirements- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of Family Tree.
- Able to work in chaotic environment - patient a must.
- Willingness to learn and desire to assist people who are in crisis is essential.