Communications InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Human Services and Social Work InternshipBookmark This
3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted: August 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship will focus on housing and issues related to homelessness.
Responsibilities- Screen calls to the hotline to determine the need of the caller and then make appropriate referrals.
- Research and update resources, for example, compile a list of agencies that would donate school supplies.
- Attend weekly team meetings, becoming a contributing member of the Housing and Family Services (HFS) team involved in making decisions that impact homeless people.
- Assist case managers with client's day to day needs, which may include accompanying case managers on home visits.
- Participate in training's and tours of agencies as they are offered, for example training on domestic violence, co-occurring disorders such as mental illness and substance abuse and/or visiting other shelters and programs.
- Perform various office duties and attend to donations.
Requirements- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of Family Tree.
- Able to work in chaotic environment - patient a must.
- Willingness to learn and desire to assist people who are in crisis is essential.