Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
EVENT & FUNDRAISING INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Human Services and Social Work InternshipBookmark This
3805 Marshall Street
Wheat Ridge, CO
Posted: August 05 2015
DescriptionThe mission of Family Tree is to help people overcome child abuse, domestic violence and homelessness to become safe, strong and self-reliant.
This internship will focus on housing and issues related to homelessness.
Responsibilities- Screen calls to the hotline to determine the need of the caller and then make appropriate referrals.
- Research and update resources, for example, compile a list of agencies that would donate school supplies.
- Attend weekly team meetings, becoming a contributing member of the Housing and Family Services (HFS) team involved in making decisions that impact homeless people.
- Assist case managers with client's day to day needs, which may include accompanying case managers on home visits.
- Participate in training's and tours of agencies as they are offered, for example training on domestic violence, co-occurring disorders such as mental illness and substance abuse and/or visiting other shelters and programs.
- Perform various office duties and attend to donations.
Requirements- Completion of volunteer orientation and approved background check.
- Commitment to the mission, values and philosophy of Family Tree.
- Able to work in chaotic environment - patient a must.
- Willingness to learn and desire to assist people who are in crisis is essential.