Digital Marketing InternHemp Educate America
Jewish Urban Farming FellowshipUrban Adamah
Scranton Fringe Festival Arts Administration InternshipScranton Fringe
Arab American Institute--Summer 2017 Internship ProgramArab American Institute
Business Development / Sales InternPSC
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
IT/Computer Systems InternITT Technical Institute-Houston West
Office InternByrd Outreach & Training Center
Immigration Program InternBookmark This
International Rescue Committee
2305 Parklake Drive, Suite 100
Posted: March 05 2015
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: 5 Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionBACKGROUND: The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. At work in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities to restore safety, dignity and hope, the IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC in Atlanta office was established in 1979 and has resettled over 21,000 refugees from nearly 50 countries into the Greater Atlanta area. As the largest refugee resettlement agency in Georgia, the IRC in Atlanta resettles an average of 800 refugees into Georgia annually and provides additional services and assistance to another 1,500 refugees and asylees.
SCOPE OF IMMIGRATION PROGRAM INTERN WORK: The International Rescue Committee’s Resettlement office in Atlanta provides its clients with assistance in filing immigration applications, which will allow refugees and newly approved asylees to travel, become permanent residents and then citizens of the United States.
Responsibilities• Process correspondence from CIS in a timely manner, notify clients of correspondence received and place notices in files
• Assist immigration case managers to maintain accurate and up-to-date files and detailed case notes on immigration services to clients
• Create and print labels for files
• Assist immigration case managers in making copies and creating new files
• Complete change of address forms with CIS
• Help maintain the filing system for immigration petitions filed with IRC in Atlanta
• Other duties as needed and assigned by immigration case managers
Requirements• Excellent communication and organizational skills;
• Attention to detail and procedure;
• Ability to work independently and take initiative;
• Work or volunteer experience with foreign populations, especially African or Middle and Near Eastern;
• Knowledge of one or two foreign languages such as Russian, Arabic, Farsi, or French is beneficial, but not required;
• Computer literacy, preferably with PC systems;
• Knowledge of refugee immigration beneficial, but not required.
For more information or to apply, please contact Hayat Nawd, Volunteer and External Relations Coordinator, at VolunteerATL@Rescue.org or 678-636-8928. To learn more about us, please visit the IRC website at www.Rescue.org/Atlanta
(US applicants only))