Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Grassroots Organizer InternshipCompassion & Choices NY
Graphic Design Intern at VoteRunLeadVoteRunLead
Friendly VisitingFriendly Visiting
Digital & Communication InternSafe Kids Worldwide
Cape Fear Volunteer Center Programming CoordinatorCape Fear Volunteer Center- Big Buddy Program
Grant researcher and writerChildren's Museum of Roanoke
Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Information and Referral Social Work InternBookmark This
211MD United Way Helpline
100 S. Charles Street
Posted: February 19 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
• 2-1-1 Maryland, seeks a highly motivated intern to assist with multiple facets of information and referral programs. The goals of this position are to have increased knowledge of community human resources and learn the basic operations of the 2-1-1 information and referral program.
• The intern will have opportunities to learn customer service, 2-1-1 resource management, a wide range of information about the social service and health resources available in MD, and have opportunities to engage with staff and volunteers in a variety of levels.
• Flexible hours and schedule – weekday/daytime (8-5PM). Include schedule preferences in cover letter.
ResponsibilitiesDuties: The intern will perform a range of duties, including:
• Shadowing and working with the Director with various levels of 2-1-1 special projects.
• Provide direct assistance to clients over the telephone addressing homelessness/housing and food insecurity.
• Provide direct assistance to clients over the telephone for help during the holidays and during the tax season.
• Assisting with community resource updates, and quality survey follow-ups.
• Become familiar with and assist with community outreach projects planned by U W C M such as the Project Homeless Connect, and "Walk A Mile"
Requirements• Candidate must be attending a college and be studying social work, psychology, counseling, etc.
• The successful candidate will possess an outgoing, positive and professional demeanor; will be able to work independently and flexibly, but will enjoy the collaborative opportunities that exist within a team environment.
• Candidate should be highly proficient in basic computer programs (Word, Outlook, Excel,) and be able to learn to work in various database systems with an attention to detail.
• Excellent communication skills are essential as this position requires a high level of comfort in communicating with diverse populations by phone, email and in person. Must be willing to ask questions and look for guidance when needed.