Winter Mobile Market InternRegional Environmental Council, Inc.
Summer Arts and Learning Academy Planning InternYoung Audiences of Maryland
Nonprofit Administrative Support AssistantCenter for Volunteer and Nonprofit Leadership
Graphic Design & Visual Communications InternshipThe G4 Alliance
Grant Writer Internship for Musée MagazineMusee Magazine
Youth Helpline Phone Counselor2NDFLOOR Youth Helpline
Contigency Based Grant Development specialist InternAmerican Justice Reentry And Rehabilitation AJRR
Marketing and Social Media InternHappy Paws
Intern, AcademicBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64161
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Academic is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY.
• Undergraduate rising junior, senior or graduate student enrolled in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related discipline
• Interest in Volunteer Recruitment and College Relations Process
• Strong organizational, project management, and presentation skills
• Prior experience with project management and event planning
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple task and meet deadlines
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, negotiation, and oral/written communication a must
The Intern, Academic is responsible for project management support for the Greater New York Youth & Young Adult Team, as well as College and Diversity Programs team. as well as assistance in the full life-cycle recruiting process for American Red Cross NYC interns. The Intern provides support for all intern programs and associated processes and volunteer services
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester, Late May through August
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.