Social Media Internship for a Nonprofit OrganizationMargaret Byrd Rawson Institute
Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
Intern, AcademicBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64161
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Academic is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY.
• Undergraduate rising junior, senior or graduate student enrolled in Human Resources, Organizational Development, Business or a related discipline
• Interest in Volunteer Recruitment and College Relations Process
• Strong organizational, project management, and presentation skills
• Prior experience with project management and event planning
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple task and meet deadlines
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, negotiation, and oral/written communication a must
The Intern, Academic is responsible for project management support for the Greater New York Youth & Young Adult Team, as well as College and Diversity Programs team. as well as assistance in the full life-cycle recruiting process for American Red Cross NYC interns. The Intern provides support for all intern programs and associated processes and volunteer services
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester, Late May through August
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.