Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Public Relations and Marketing InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Development and Events InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
2017 Fall Make-A-Wish Arizona Medical Outreach and Wish Support InternshipMake-A-Wish Arizona
Summer 2017- Information Technology (IT) Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- Graphic - Web Design Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- AileyCamp Miami - Event Planning Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Summer 2017- AileyCamp Miami - Group Leader Assistant Internship ProgramAdrienne Arsht Center
Intern, Biomed CommunicationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: March 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64213
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Biomed Communications is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Nashville, TN.
This position will involve some day time travel for meetings, events, and other American Red Cross functions.
• Undergraduate junior, senior, or graduate student studying communications, public relations, advertising, or journalism
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in AP Style
• Familiar with social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, etc…)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Writing and editing news releases, pitch letters, social media posts, and other copy as needed
• Interviewing and photographing blood donors/blood donor recipients
• Assisting with daily management of daily social media accounts; including engaging, sharable content
• Updating media lists and tracking news clips
• Collaborating on campaigns, projects, and stories
• Researching industry trends
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 20-29 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.