Professional School Program Mgmt & Outreach CoordinationNCP
Development InternSpina Bifida Association
AdministrationLEADING LADIES OF SOCIETY
Event Coordinators InternshipsHipHoticHelps Inc.
Research and Development - Embrace Texas - embracetexas.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Research, Social Media, & Communication - African American Church InitiativeChristian Alliance for Orphans
Non-Profit Assistant + Management Intern - Ignite Hope; https://www.ignitehope.online/Christian Alliance for Orphans
Graphic Design - Mercy House Global; mercyhouseglobal.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Intern, Biomed CommunicationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: March 21 2016
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64213
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Biomed Communications is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Nashville, TN.
This position will involve some day time travel for meetings, events, and other American Red Cross functions.
• Undergraduate junior, senior, or graduate student studying communications, public relations, advertising, or journalism
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in AP Style
• Familiar with social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, etc…)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Writing and editing news releases, pitch letters, social media posts, and other copy as needed
• Interviewing and photographing blood donors/blood donor recipients
• Assisting with daily management of daily social media accounts; including engaging, sharable content
• Updating media lists and tracking news clips
• Collaborating on campaigns, projects, and stories
• Researching industry trends
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 20-29 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.