GETTY MULTICULTURAL UNDERGRADUATE INTERN 201718th Street Arts Center
Intern-Disaster Planning, American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern-Disaster Training and Exercises American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Intern- Donor Development- American Red Cross, New York, NYAmerican Red Cross Greater New York
Legislative InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
Humanitarian Aid InternshipMedWish International
Program and Development Assistant InternshipChildren's Restoration Network
Employment specialist internChurch World Service
Intern, Biomed CommunicationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: March 21 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64213
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Biomed Communications is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Nashville, TN.
This position will involve some day time travel for meetings, events, and other American Red Cross functions.
• Undergraduate junior, senior, or graduate student studying communications, public relations, advertising, or journalism
• Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
• Proficient in AP Style
• Familiar with social media marketing (Facebook, Twitter, etc…)
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
• Writing and editing news releases, pitch letters, social media posts, and other copy as needed
• Interviewing and photographing blood donors/blood donor recipients
• Assisting with daily management of daily social media accounts; including engaging, sharable content
• Updating media lists and tracking news clips
• Collaborating on campaigns, projects, and stories
• Researching industry trends
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 20-29 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.