Rosemount Family Resource Center and Food Shelf Internship360 Communities
Bilingual CalFresh InternSecond Harvest Food Bank of Orange County
Office InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing InternSalastina Music Society
Young Professionals Network - Children's BureauChildren's Bureau
Community Radio ProgrammingMALCOLM X CENTER - WMXP/95.5fm
Communication InternEmbrace Relief Foundation Inc
WOLA's Sally Yudelman Internship ProgramWashington Office on Latin America
Intern, Brand and CreativeBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: February 23 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63422
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Brand and Creative is an unpaid internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington, D.C.
• Undergraduate sophomore student and above enrolled in a degree program in Graphic Design.
• Must be proficient in the Adobe Suite including InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator.
• Mac proficient.
• Must have competency with typesetting in InDesign.
• Must have attention to detail, ability to work under deadlines, and able to follow creative direction/implement feedback.
• Interested applicants must have a portfolio or samples of their work.
The Intern, Brand and Creative will perform the following functions:
• Learn and maintain the visual identity standards of the Red Cross brand
• Assist with the design and execution of marketing collateral including flyers, brochures, event materials, ads, web banners and more
• Make changes/updates to existing creative to meet client needs for customized one-off requests
• Contribute creative concepts during initial phase of design
• Assist with photo searches in the Red Cross photo archive library
• Support design team with other duties as needed
Candidates will be considered for the Summer 2016 semester - June - August
• 12+ hours per week, open to flexible schedules
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.