Volunteer Recruitment/Management InternPark Silly Sunday Market
New Projects Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Refugee Resettlement Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Volunteer Coordination Internship- FALL 2017International Institute of Akron
Organizing InternMove to Amend
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIA (Burma/Monitoring and Evaluation)NDI
Intern/Project Assistant: ASIANDI
Safety and Security InternDavid A Straz, Jr. Center for the Performing Arts
Intern, CEO Board AssociateBookmark This
American Red Cross
HUM NY Long Island Chapter - NY616
New York, NY
Posted: February 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Executive Leadership Intern will work directly with The American Red Cross of Greater New York’s Regional CEO. The ideal candidate will possess an interest in working in a nonprofit organization and leaving a valuable footprint in the Red Cross’ largest Chapter. This individual will focus his or her time on improving, designing, and identifying areas of improvement for the Senior Leadership team to implement new initiatives throughout the Region.
The Intern, CEO Board Associate is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York City, NY.
All Interns are Part Time and hours will need to be worked Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm.
Some evenings and weekends may be required.
• MBA or Graduate student focused in Business, Finance, Statistics, or Math
• Proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite and internet search tools
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple task and meet deadlines
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• Excellent relationship skills and ability to work cross-functionally
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• Good customer service and strong attention to detail are a must
• Additional skills for success: innovative and creative, effective time management, ability to relate to individuals of diverse backgrounds.
Creating materials in a professional form so that they can be shared with the executive committee on a regular basis, and easily updated
Strengthening board orientation materials for new members
Identifying and defining “special task forces” involving board members
Clarifying and identifying a process for establishing individual, and board, goals at the start of the fiscal year.
• Develop and gather data on annualized goal, benchmark and performance;
• Assist with report generation for Senior Leadership
• Support COO in planning and executing HR skill training;
• Support team development activities;
• Support committee work and activities
• Creating materials in a professional form so that they ca