Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Intern, Communications and Public RelationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 24 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Communications and Public Relations is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, New York.
• Undergraduate student (Sophomore and above) or Master's student enrolled in Communications, Journalism, or related field
• Strong writing skills
• Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Instagram)
• Ability to work both independently and on a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
• Experience using video editing software a plus (Movie Maker, IMovie)
• Blog experience a plus
The Communications Department at the American Red Cross Greater New York Region conveys the work of the Red Cross to the organization's constituents—donors, volunteers, employees, media and general public. Media relations interns will support the day-to-day activities of the department.
As an Intern, Communications and Public Relations, you will be responsible for:
• Developing, writing, editing and proofing communications materials such as press releases, web stories, blog posts and event scripts
• Assist in pitching Red Cross story ideas to local media
• Assist in communications support of organizational events (i.e., various fundraising events, Volunteer Recognition Event)
• Support Red Cross social networking activities (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, blog)
• Assist in tracking Red Cross mentions in the local media
• Maintain up-to-date media lists
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester.
• 20 hours/week
To apply for this position, please apply online at
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.