Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, CommunicationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: February 18 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63341
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Communications is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
• Graduate students and undergraduate juniors and seniors studying Communications, journalism, marketing and business.
• Required: Microsoft Office Suite; advanced research skills using online search engines
• Preferred: Experience in media databases and Radian 6.
• English, Spanish a plus.
The intern will be working with the communications department with a focus on media relations. The intern will be assigned daily activities including:
• Creating media briefing documents, presentations, reports, stories, blog posts and other communication materials.
• Answering the national media line to screen, vet and relay journalists’ requests to the media relations team.
• Researching media outlets and reporters, providing analysis of coverage, building media lists and assisting with pitch efforts to journalists/producers.
• Creating social content for national social media platforms.
• Writing posts for the National Red Cross blog.
• Other duties as assigned.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (May – August)
• 35-40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.