Outreach & Media Coordinator Assistant InternshipCommunity Action of Ramsey & Washington Counties
Social Justice Internship - Summer and Fall Internships Available - Work for Environmental Justice!Ohio Citizen Action
Wings Program CoordinatorTriple Threat Mentoring
Wings Program InternTriple Threat Mentoring
Wings Photography InternTriple Threat Mentoring
Former Soviet Union Intern, Summer 2017Physicians for Human Rights
ESL Volunteer TutorSouth-East Asia Center
Special Events InternshipLFANC
Intern, Communications/ MarketingBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 24 2016
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Communications/Marketing is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. Selected interns may be based in New York, New.
The Intern, Communications/Marketing will provide exposure to all facets of Red Cross operations, from Biomed to Disaster Services to Fundraising. The intern will also gain knowledge and experience for how the organization can use marketing intelligence to better communicate with our supporters, raise more money, more effectively help people in a disaster, solicit more blood donations, and more. Data is becoming more central to marketing at The American Red Cross. This internship is ideal for a candidate who has an interest and aptitude for marketing AND data sciences, such as statistics, database management and/or computer sciences. The Red Cross Marketing Team works across all Red Cross service lines.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester.
• 20 hours/week
To apply for this position, please apply online at
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
ResponsibilitiesResponsibilities also include:
• Communications materials--press releases, web stories, blog posts, Facebook and Twitter posts and event scripts
• Support of organizational events (i.e., Annual Red Cross Ball, fundraising events, Volunteer Recognition Event)
• Support Red Cross social networking activities (Facebook, Twitter, blog)
• Assist in tracking Red Cross mentions in the local media
• Maintain up-to-date media lists
• Undergraduate Junior student and above enrolled in marketing, communications, or related field
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office Suite required
• Experience with HTL or any data programming is preferred
• Strong written and presentation skills
• Excellent interpersonal skills and able to work individually and with a team