Community Radio ProgrammingMALCOLM X CENTER - WMXP/95.5fm
Communication InternEmbrace Relief Foundation Inc
WOLA's Sally Yudelman Internship ProgramWashington Office on Latin America
Volunteer Coordinator InternCommunity Computer Alliance
Community Engagement InternCentral Texas Food Bank
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Kitten Nursery InternBest Friends Animal Society
Intern, Communications Public RelationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
HUM NY Long Island Chapter - NY616
New York, NY
Posted: February 09 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Communications Department at the American Red Cross Greater New York Region conveys the work of the Red Cross to the organization's constituents—donors, volunteers, employees, media and general public. Media relations interns will support the day-to-day activities of the department.
The Intern, Communications Public Relations is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, New York.
• Undergraduate student enrolled in Communications and/or Public Relations, or related
• Strong writing skills
• Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Blogger)
• Ability to work both independently and on a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
• Experience using video editing software a plus (Movie Maker, IMovie)
• Blog experience a plus
• Develop, write, edit and proof communications materials such as press releases, web stories, blog posts and event scripts
• Assist in pitching Red Cross story ideas to local media
• Assist in communications support of organizational events (i.e., Annual Red Cross Ball, various fundraising events, Volunteer Recognition Event)
• Support Red Cross social networking activities (Facebook, Twitter, blog)
• Assist in tracking Red Cross mentions in the local media
• Maintain up-to-date media lists
• Additional administrative assistance as needed
Candidates will be considered for the winter/spring 2016 semester.
• 16 hours/week
Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=629
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.