Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, Continuous Improvement CoordinatorBookmark This
American Red Cross
Fairfax, VA Office
Posted: February 22 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern, Continuous Improvement Coordinator Direct Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63308
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Continuous Improvement Coordinator is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Fairfax, VA.
• Undergraduate freshman or above student with focus in Organizational Development, Education, Communications, or related
• Required Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
• Preferred Skills: Microsoft SharePoint, Project, OneDrive, MS Project
• Language: English
• Other preferred skills: Strong verbal and written communications, project management
• The Continuous Improvement Coordinator Intern will be responsible for establishing systems to support the continuous improvement of training courses and programs. In these efforts, the Coordinator will work closely with the Disaster Learning Council and the Disaster Training Instructor Certification Program Manager to achieve the following goals: Working with the Disaster Learning Council, compile regional training lead contact information to create and maintain a national list to support communications and project resourcing.
• Develop and implement a plan for regional, divisional and national headquarters training leadership to network and share communications, messaging, and course development opportunities
• Develop and implement a method to survey (audit) and capture regional workforce training needs and propose programs to assist regions to meet those needs
• Coordinate integration of 3rd party training opportunities (DR.org, IFRC, FEMA, Learning Hub) with regional training leadership
• Develop and implement a plan to capture basic and advanced instructor metrics that can be used to assist in instructor capacity building.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 30-40 hours/week