Human Resources Intern100 For All
Public Relations Intern100 For All
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)100 For All
Social Media & Community Management Intern100 For All
Development InternCam Neely Foundation for Cancer Care
Nonprofit Management InternshipOur Sister's House
Corporate Engagement InternCradles To Crayons
Social Media and Community Outreach InternGardena Valley Japanese Cultural Institute
Intern, Data and Data ManagementBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: March 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64367
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Business Engagement and Solution Services team is a business engagement, analysis, and solutions development unit within the Data and Web Services IT division. The group serves as an integration point with the business to connect organizational need with architecture and data management offerings. The team works in collaboration with the existing IT support structure to help identify data and web solutions offerings available as services/tools within the enterprise that can be utilized to alleviate problems or provide growth for the business units served.
The Intern, Data and Data Management is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Durham, NC.
• Assist the Business Engagement and Solution Services team perform the following:
• Research and document technical solutions in the area of data management and integration, including internally developed assets and external products.
• Develop of enterprise data flow topography.
• Develop and document of an enterprise perspective of a Concept of Operations, including all aspects of the IT Division of Data and Web Services.
• Perform data analysis using technology tools as necessary. Areas of focus will include:
• Organization Data
• Organization Data Validation
• Organization Relationships
• Organization Data Appends
• Produce business entity diagrams and data dictionaries for various solutions around the enterprise that integrate with the data warehouse
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June through August)
• 30 to 40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Undergraduate sophomore and above with a major in Computer Science or Engineering
• Structured Query Language (SQL) experience is required
• MS Word, or equivalent Required
• MS Excel, or equivalent Required
• MS PowerPoint, or Equivalent Preferred
• Teradata/Data Warehousing Preferred
• Language: English
• Other Skills: analytically minded and curious