Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, Disaster Exercise CoordinatorBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: February 16 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Full-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63257
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Disaster Exercise Coordinator is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is a based in Washington DC.
• Undergraduate student focused in Emergency Management, Organizational Development, Communications, or related
• Required Skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Preferred Skills: Microsoft SharePoint, Project, OneDrive
• Language: English
• Other preferred skills: Verbal and written communications, project management
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 30-40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• The Exercise Coordinator Intern will be responsible for researching, validating, and compiling a library of value-added, easily implemented exercises of varying types and scope. This includes the following major goals: Conduct individual outreach among the Division and Region field networks in order to identify and collect existing exercise tools and resources, as well as determine major unmet needs and gaps.
• Organize existing exercise tools and resources as appropriate, which could include type of exercise, scope of exercise, type of disaster, correlation to existing doctrine or training, etc.
• As appropriate, conduct and/or facilitate review and validation of exercise resources, which could include content validation with Subject Matter Experts, duplication or combination of like materials, and consistency of brand standards, doctrine standards, and presentation standards.
• Create, publish, and market a sustainable, easily accessible hosting solution (Microsoft SharePoint or similar) to house the Exercise Library.
• Develop a sustainability system for maintenance and updates to the Exercise Library.