FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
Arts Administration Summer InternshipContinuo Arts Foundation
IT/Website InternParent Action Community Inc.
Office Assistant InternParent Action Community Inc.
YOUTH PROGRAMS- WOMEN IN SCIENCEWorld Learning
YOUTH PROGRAMS - IRAQI & US YOUTH LEADERSHIP & CULTURAL EXCHANGE PROGRAMSWorld Learning
PROGRAM INTERNBounce Children's Foundation
Intern, Disaster ServicesBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: April 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Paid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64929
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Disaster Services is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Missoula, MT, and must be able to work remote 90% of the time.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (Late May through August)
• 30 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• The intern will develop and implement a volunteer onboarding and training program to be piloted in the Missoula area.
• Recruit and train volunteer(s) to use the onboarding process to create a sustainable volunteer onboarding and training program.
• Identify and develop community partnerships for the sole purpose of recruiting efforts.
• Identify and develop relationships with shelter locations most likely to be able to support a sheltering team.
• Attend or host community events with the primary purpose of recruiting volunteers.
• Interface with the local volunteers on a regular basis and aid in the engagement of new volunteers wilt local DAT projects.
The Intern will work to create volunteer onboarding tools to streamline the onboarding process. Engage in community outreach in order to recruit volunteers.
• Undergraduate junior, senior, or graduate student studying Communications, Fire Science, Human Resources, Public Administration, Political Science, Social Work, Counseling, Community Health, or related
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook
• Social Media engagement and management
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to be flexible and quickly adapt to changing priorities and excellent problem solving skills
• Ability to work independently as well as a member of teams