Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, Disaster Services (Shelter)Bookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: March 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionIntern, Disaster Services (Shelter)
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
These are Unpaid Internships where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Dallas, TX.
• Undergraduate sophomore student and above enrolled in a degree program preferably in Education, Emergency Management, Communications, Public Health, Psychology, Marketing, Human Development, or related.
• This internship will involve a significant amount of reporting and analysis, so knowledge of Microsoft Excel is preferred. Familiarity with enterprise-level social media management platforms is also a plus.
• Support the NHQ Volunteer Services team to increase capabilities as they promote and support the volunteer growth strategy.
• Develop tools and resources to enhance organizational volunteer engagement capability.
• Do research and make recommendations for expanding the use of volunteers to grow Red Cross mission delivery.
• Develop materials and processes to increase volunteer satisfaction.
• Develop materials and processes to build capacity of the volunteer management structure.
• Support current initiatives to engage more volunteers including specific populations such as youth and young adults, nurses, skills-based volunteers, and external partners.
• Increase shelter capacity
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester.
• 15 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.