Fundraising and Partnership Development InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Researcher/Writer (High School & College Students)YCoFA
Editorial / Journalism InternCorporate Cup Celebrity Challenge
Nonprofit Administration InternThe Rhody Center
Development InternSpina Bifida Association
AdministrationLEADING LADIES OF SOCIETY
Event Coordinators InternshipsHipHoticHelps Inc.
Research and Development - Embrace Texas - embracetexas.orgChristian Alliance for Orphans
Intern, Disaster Training & ExercisesBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 24 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64216
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Disaster Training & Exercises is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY.
• Undergraduate sophomore, or above studying Emergency Management, Business Administration, Human Resources, Education, Operations, Social Work, or related
• Exceptional project management skills
• Strong writing skills
• Effective communicator
• Ability to work independently and within a group
• Computer proficient (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
• Ability to handle and prioritize multiple tasks
• Willingness to work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and
• Analytical and detail oriented
• Able to work in a fast paced environment
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (Late May through August)
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The intern will assist the Greater New York region by:
• Building regional Training & Exercise cadre
• Coordinating and implementing volunteer engagement opportunities with volunteers
• Engage volunteers and staff in preparedness planning
• Support during local disaster events, as necessary
• Development of Exercise documentation
• Planning of Exercises
• Delivery of exercises
• Evaluation of exercises and the development of improvement plans
• Deliver presentations regarding disaster exercise scenarios
• Create and edit the written materials and presentations used in the
• planning and running of a disaster exercise
• Assist in planning and coordinating of Training and Exercise schedules
• with Activity Leads across various departments