Communications/Social Media InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Outreach/Fundraising InternThe Police Reform Organizing Project
Development InternshipAmerican Diabetes Association
Students Summer Intern (Church - Youth Ministry)Vail Christian Church
SOCIAL MEDIA & MARKETING STUDENT INTERNChildren's Bureau
FAMILY ASSESSMENT FORM (FAF) INTERN/ SOCIAL ENTERPRISEChildren's Bureau
Make-A-Wish Arizona Volunteer Services Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Make-A-Wish Arizona Corporate Development Intern (Summer 2017)Make-A-Wish Arizona
Intern, Disaster Workforce EngagementBookmark This
American Red Cross
Posted: March 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Disaster Workforce Engagement is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Hawthorne, NY.
This internship will be instrumental in supporting disaster volunteer engagement, training and ultimately volunteer satisfaction. The American Red Cross mission relies upon recruiting and retaining committed volunteers. DWE, in close concert with the Volunteer Resources Department (VRD), is tasked with making the volunteer experience as positive and meaningful as possible.
• Undergraduate sophomore or above studying Emergency Services, Human Resources, Psychology, Social Services, or related
• Verbal and written communication skills
• Review, merge and provide customer service assistance for EMBARC Learning Management System records for all Metro New York North volunteers
• Assist in development and refinement of tools, processes and resources for the MNYN Staffing Team and at times, the Long Island and NYC chapters.
• Ongoing assistance to MNYN Disaster Services Training Unit
• Review, update and maintenance of all training materials
- Support of the MNYN Home Fire Preparedness campaign
- Support of all Step One program activities (for newly on-boarded volunteers)
Candidates will be considered for the Summer 2016 semester.
• 20 or more hours/week
To apply for this position, please apply online at
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.