Development InternGLAD (GLBTQ Legal Advocates and Defenders)
Summer Internships and Apprenticeships at Wolf TrapWolf Trap Foundation for the Performing Arts
Senior Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
Writer / Editor Student Internship ( Part-time, telecommute )Noah Education Fund
NGLCC Internship ProgramNational Gay & Lesbian Chamber of Commerce (NGLCC)
Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Intern, Disaster Workforce Engagement SupportBookmark This
American Red Cross
HUM NY Long Island Chapter - NY616
Posted: February 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
This internship will be instrumental in supporting disaster volunteer engagement, training and ultimately volunteer satisfaction. One intern on each side of the Metro New York North Chapter would be ideal. Locations will be in Middletown, Hawthorne, and/or Greenwich. The American Red Cross mission relies upon recruiting and retaining committed volunteers. DWE, in close concert with the Volunteer Resources Department (VRD), is tasked with making the volunteer experience as positive and meaningful as possible.
The Intern, Disaster Workforce Engagement Support is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Hawthorne, NY.
• Undergraduate sophomore or above studying Emergency Services, Human Resources, Psychology, Social Services, or related
• Sense of humor
• Phone etiquette and people skills
• Willingness to learn (& mentor, if appropriate) new systems
• Assist with Staffing tasks if/when large events occur
• Help manage Volunteer satisfaction/expectations
• Close collaboration with Volunteer Resources initiatives
• Review, merge and provide customer service assistance for EMBARC Learning Management System records for all Metro New York North volunteers
• Assist in development and refinement of tools, processes and resources for the MNYN Staffing Team
• Ongoing assistance to MNYN Disaster Services Training Unit
• Review, update and maintenance of all training materials (many new materials generated in 2015)
Candidates will be considered for the winter/spring 2016 semester.
• 10-20 hours/week
To apply for this position, please apply online at
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.