Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Outreach InternUnion of Concerned Scientists
General Intern for the Fellows of the American Bar FoundationThe American Bar Foundation
Justice Organizer in EscondidoJustice Overcoming Boundaries
Intern, Editorial/Social MediaBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 31 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64373
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The American Red Cross Greater New York Region--New York City, Long Island, the Lower Hudson Valley and Greenwich, Conn.--responds to, on average, 5 to 7 disasters per day.
The Editorial/Social Media Intern will serve an integral role in supporting the Communications Department in conveying the work of the Red Cross to the organization’s constituents—donors, volunteers, employees, the media and the general public. Interns will support the day-to-day activities of the department.
The Intern, Editorial/Social Media is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York City, NY.
All Interns are Part Time and hours will need to be worked Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm.
• Undergraduate Communications and/or Public Relations students
• Strong writing skills (will be asked to submit writing samples)
• Familiarity with social media platforms (Twitter, Facebook, Blogger, Instagram)
• Ability to work both independently and on a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook)
• Bilingual (Spanish and English) a plus
• Experience using video editing software a plus (Movie Maker, IMovie)
• Blog experience a plus
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester.
• 20-40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Develop, write, edit and proof communications materials, including web stories, blog posts, press releases and event scripts.
• Promote and raise awareness of Red Cross values, content and activities on social media with posts and photographs/captions.
• Assist with administering and managing multiple Red Cross social media accounts, including Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube and our Changing Lives Blog.
• Assist in social media tracking/listening and community engagement/interaction.
• Participate in the media coverage of disaster responses (i.e., ride along with Greater NY disaster responders to the scene of a house fire or other emergency).
• Interview survivors of disasters, transcribe interviews, and write their stories.
• Assist in communications support of organizational events (i.e., Red Cross Ball, fundraising events, volunteer recognition events)