Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Business Development / Sales InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Magazine
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, Facility OperationsBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 17 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64186
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Facility Operations is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY.
• Undergraduate sophomore or above student enrolled in a degree program preferably in Operations, Business Administration, Facilities or related
• Strong communications skills
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Office suite
• Detail oriented
• Ability to work independently
• Team player.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester – Late May through August
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The intern will assist the Facilities Department with providing an efficient working environment for paid and volunteer staff to work. Ensuring that meetings, trainings and events related to American Red Cross mission programs and services are conducted in an efficient and effective space.
• Receive schedule requests for meeting room manager
• Confirm space needs and available dates
• Confirm set up requirements with requestor
• Coordinate with facilities staff and IT staff to ensure proper set up
• Follow up with requestor via survey to ensure satisfaction and field any concerns to the proper manager.
• Coordinate with staff/volunteers regarding their needs for meeting/training space
• Ensure set ups are completed on time
• Ensure audio visual systems are operating, partner with IT as needed
• As needed assist during the meeting/training to ensure systems are operational