Intern - Social WorkGood Seed CDC
Administrative InternThe Friendship Circle Philadelphia Region South
Special Events SpecialistThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Events & Outreach InternshipEmpowered Women International
Marketing and Communications InternEmpowered Women International
Program and Outreach Intern - FairfaxEmpowered Women International
2017 Summer InternshipLife Adventure Center
Social Media CoordinatorAlert Inc.
Intern, Field Fundraising and Marketing ResourcesBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: March 01 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63699
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
Field Fundraising and Marketing Resources have members in DC as well as staff dispersed across the country. We are a resource team that supports field fundraisers with materials for the full donor cycle focusing on each giving segment, as well as creating episodic disaster solicitation and stewardship materials, and event and brand materials. Additionally we handle all internal communications for fundraising including quarterly calls and webinars, and the weekly Fundraising Brief.
Also, the work carries over to the Training and Development team for the Fundraising Department. This team has one member in DC and the others dispersed across the country. The team designs and implements trainings, and assesses the success of these programs. These trainings are held for new staff to our more seasoned managers.
The Intern, Field Fundraising and Marketing Resources is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
• Undergraduate sophomore or above student majoring in marketing, nonprofit management, business or communications
• Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Strong written communication and organizational skills
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester – June through August
• 24 - 40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The intern position will focus on two main areas: Fundraising Messaging and Event/Training.
• Fundraising message project:
• Develop a framework to gain a deeper understanding of how other large nonprofits reach their specific donor segments.
• Gather intelligence for each key donor segment and summarize findings.
• Map other organization’s messages against Red Cross messages to give us an aggregated view of the landscape.
• Build an easy to use/at a glance PowerPoint presentation to share these findings.
• Present findings to Field Fundraising and Marketing Resource team.
• Event/training management
• Helping to manage the details for our monthly trainings:
• Drafting emails and presentations to share with our staff
• Managing meeting invites in Outlook and Lync/Skype
• Communicating and coordinating with speakers and facilitators
• Editing training documents in PowerPoint presentations and Word documents
• Project Management
• Help create frameworks in Excel to make assessments
• Gather and distribute feedback collected through in-person interactions and Survey Monkey