Customer serviceUpward African Woman
Office AssistantUpward African Woman
Social Justice Summer InternshipSummer Communities of Service
ALMA NYC (501(c)(3) Arts Company)ALMA NYC
UMD SAFE Center for Human Trafficking Survivors: Social Services Summer 2017 InternshipUniversity of Maryland SAFE Center
Special Events InternNational Kidney Foundation of Illinois
Camp CounselorProdigal Kids
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Intern, Foundation PartnershipsBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: March 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63617
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Foundation Partnerships is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington DC.
This department promotes national and regional foundation partnerships to chapters to ensure maximum participation in each line of service program. They also support process improvement projects, including data management and forecasting projects, as well as maintain regular and significant contact with national development staff and local chapters of the American Red Cross.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 10-20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Support Foundation program team in various aspects of fundraising including:
• Support foundation trainings across the country
• Prepare weekly foundation reports
• Maintain and update prospect lists
• Refresh and update “frequently requested documents and field proposals” on intranet database
• Review trends in foundation giving and report monthly
• Research individual prospects and develop prospect lists
• Answer questions for fundraisers across the country regarding foundation best practices
• Masters level or MBA studying Business, Marketing, English Major and/or Non profit or related
• Preferred one year volunteer experience preferably with fundraising experience.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Data management and organizational skills.
• Strong customer service orientation is necessary.
• Ability to work well within a team and handle competing deadlines.
• Prioritization skills and strict adherence to deadlines will be required
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office is required.
• English language is required