Non-profit Internship for a Community Service and Advocacy Oriented OrganizationNCJW/Essex
Special Events and Communications Intern - FallCamp Twin Lakes
Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Website Blogger Co-Writer And Personal Assistant NeededLet's Talk Fibro Blogging Website
Nonpaid Teen KAP Summer Community Service Program and Nonprofit Administration InternThe Kiran Anjali Project
Costume InternBroadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Stage Management InternBroadway Cares/Equity Fights AIDS
Intern, Foundation PartnershipsBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 24 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64439
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
Members of the fundraising team interact daily with the highest level of corporate and foundation partners of the Red Cross. The Development Department in Greater New York is responsible for raising $16.3M through corporate and individual partnerships throughout the 15 counties we serve.
The Intern, Foundation Partnerships is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY.
• Undergraduate freshman student and above enrolled in a degree program preferably in Business Administration, Non-Profit Administration, Humanities, or related
• Microsoft Office suite skills are required
• Ideal candidates will have strong administrative skills, a sharp eye for details and the ability to anticipate needs,
• Possess strong, solution driven nature and excellent follow-up skills.
• Ability to relate well and work effectively with multiple constituencies and audiences. Excellent verbal and written skills. Knowledge of office systems: MS-Office preferred and fundraising database systems (e.g., Raiser’s Edge, Salesforce.com). A team player committed to developing and working within a collaborative environment and to ensuring the highest customer service orientation.
• Researching foundations and poverty statistics
• Analysis of prospective foundation partnerships
• Working with program staff on summarizing programs statistics
• Supporting external special events and fundraisers
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (Late May – August)
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.