Richmond Ballet- Costume Production InternRichmond Ballet
Richmond Ballet- Technical Production InternRichmond Ballet
Richmond Ballet- Education Programs Administrative InternRichmond Ballet
Richmond Ballet- Graphic Design InternRichmond Ballet
USTA New England Diversity & Inclusion InternshipUSTA New England
Food Program Intern (Food Network) - Summer 2017Met Council
2017 HCAP Community Engagement InternshipPlanned Parenthood Pennsylvania Advocates
Event CoordinatorThe G.Y.M. Project
Intern, Historical Programs & CollectionsBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: February 11 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=62975
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Historical Programs & Collections is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. This opportunity is based in Washington, DC.
• Undergraduate senior or Masters level student studying public history/archives, American History, or museum studies
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite
• Database experience- Past Perfect or Cumulus
Other Important Skills / Requirements
• Comfort with public speaking
• Experience in writing for social media platforms
• Strong organizational skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple tasks and meet deadlines
• Excellent written/oral communication and interpersonal skills are essential
• Excellent relationship skills and ability to work cross-functionally
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team
• The intern will gain hands on experience with collection care, processing, and cataloging using Past Perfect collections management software. The historic collections include photographs, books, objects and art. The intern will conduct research and respond to inquiries pertaining to Red Cross history and participate in the tour program for historic Red Cross National Headquarters building. The intern will also work on preparing for upcoming exhibits.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester.
• 15-25 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.