Office AdministratorA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Fine Arts / Gallery InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Marketing and Social Media InternFriends of Fort Point Channel
Graphic Design InternRockhaven Group, LLC
Unpaid Intern - Latin AmericaIFES
Paid Intern - Human ResourcesIFES
Sumer AssociateDemocracy Works
Grant Writing/Development InternGateway Counseling Center, Inc.
Intern, Human ResourcesBookmark This
American Red Cross
Charlotte, NC Office
Posted: March 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64020
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Human Resources is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Charlotte, NC.
• Undergraduate junior, senior or above student studying Human Resources, Organizational Development, industrial Relations, or related
• Microsoft Excel is important in this role as is strong knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
• Project Management
• Very strong Oral and written communication skills for doing presentations
• Entry-level work with guidance given for first-time experiences.
• HR work including organizational development and design, benefits compensation, on-boarding preparation, performance management, recognition and rewards, community service/philanthropy projects.
• Gain exposure to the importance of accuracy in data management and reporting (run reports, data mining and data researching).
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.