Summer InternsCommon Cause
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Marketing InternGirls Empowered Mentored and Supported
Mobilizations InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Communications and Development InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
US Outreach InternGlobal Catholic Climate Movement
Operations, Outreach and Social Media InternshipAmman Imman: Water is Life
PODCAST/BLOG TALK RADIO INTERNWSU HIGH Program
Intern, International Services FinanceBookmark This
American Red Cross
Fairfax, VA Office
Posted: March 15 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64107
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The International Services Finance (ISF) unit provides business intelligence and decision making support to its clients within the International Services Department (ISD). The department also monitors all federal Clients within the International Services Department (ISD), grants compliance, accounting operations, reporting, budgeting, corporate policies and procedures, and internal controls related to financial activity.
The Intern, International Services Finance is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Fairfax, VA.
• Undergraduate rising junior or senior studying Accounting, Finance, or General Business
• Proficient to advanced level of Microsoft Excel, proficient in other Microsoft Office tools, knowledge of accounting principles
• Proficiency in another language preferred but not required
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester, May/June through August
• 40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Finance Intern will provide financial support to the International Services Finance team within
the International Services Department (ISD).
The intern will have an active, hands-on role working on:
• Assist with month-end financial reporting
• Prepare monthly journal entries and reconciliations
• Running and/or creating financial reports
• Expense analysis
• Providing support for quarterly forecasting
• Special projects such as:
• Providing support for the preparation of the annual budgeting process
• Providing support in developing, updating, and enhancing financial tools and databases
• Track payments – create a “tracker” to help facilitate this