Office InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Vice President, Membership Director, Communications Director.American Association for Minority Students
Case Management InternUCP of Central Florida
Accounting InternHouston Ballet Ben Stevenson Academy
Be A Part of the International Art Phenomenon - 6x6Rochester Contemporary Art Center
Social Media & Community Management InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Office InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Magazine
Intern, International Services, Reconnecting Families CaseworkBookmark This
American Red Cross
Fairfax, VA Office
Posted: March 03 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63754
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
American Red Cross national headquarters seeks a candidate to assist with casework to reconnect families separated internationally by war, disaster, migration and other humanitarian emergencies. The national headquarters office provides high level case management for reconnecting families casework and coordinates with the American Red Cross chapter network and the global Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement to reconnect families.
The Intern, International Services, Reconnecting Families Casework is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Fairfax, VA.
Interns will be required to come to the office at least one day per week. Once training has been completed interns will be able to complete additional hours remotely.
• Undergraduate or Graduate student studying Social work, International affairs, public administration or related
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office applications including Outlook and Excel. Experience using case management database applications
• Foreign language (Spanish, French, Arabic) skills a plus
• Good written communication skills and attention to detail required. Great customer service skills and eagerness to serve clients
• Really good phone skills and dealing with sensitive information via phone
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester – June through August
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Speaking with potential clients on the phone, doing case intake or providing referral services.
• Administrative support, to include evaluating and processing incoming casework correspondence
• Data entry: creating and updating cases in case management system
• Managing master contact lists
• Other duties as assigned