Water Sanitation Menstrual Hygiene And Girl Health & Education ProjectHEEALS
Inventory ManagerDress For Success Austin
Job Searching Program AssistantDress For Success Austin
Client Services AssistantDress For Success Austin
Community Outreach AssistantDress For Success Austin
Summer Food Service Program InternChild Care Resources, Inc.
Sexual Assault Prevention And Care Center: Now Hiring Summer Community Outreach Interns!The Blue Bench
Development Department Summer InternOMSI
Intern, Monitoring and EvaluationBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: April 07 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64905
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Monitoring and Evaluation is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington DC.
Unpaid internships are educational only, and no money or stipend is granted for transportation, housing, or compensation.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June through August)
• 25 - 40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
The Monitoring and Evaluation team in the American Red Cross’s International Services Department provides technical support to program teams covering areas such as program quality and consistency including: program design, emergency assessments, monitoring, reporting and evaluation. The M&E Intern for the American Red Cross’s International Services Department will provide overall support for the M&E team. This may include support to drafting reports, doing background research, administrative tasks, etc as needed. In addition, the intern will focus primarily on one or more of the projects below, depending on skills and interest:
• The M&E team helps develop measurement strategy for the International Services Department involving all aspects of disaster management. The intern will help review literature and current research and evidence in this sector to help inform this strategy.
• The M&E team will be helping roll out new standards and practices in program design and measurement and would like to conduct a review of current practices before doing so. The M&E intern will help review current and past program documentation to establish baseline status against which to measure progress and impact.
• The M&E team works closely with the Information Management Department in helping field teams and National Societies to improve data collection, management, analysis, and use. The M&E intern may help in drafting ‘best data practices’ for programs and identifying approaches for National Societies’ ‘data readiness.’
• Graduate student studying Social Sciences (Political Science, International Relations, International Development, etc), Public Health, Research, or similar field
• Computer skill required: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Powerpoint
• Knowledge of quantitative and qualitative research methods (data collection and analysis)
• Excellent English verbal and written communication skills
• Good ability to work with data analysis and visualization software, and databases