Spring 2016 Development InternThe New York Police and Fire Widows' and Children's Benefit Fund
Marketing InternToothbrushes for Toddlers
Public Speaking Outreach AssistantThe Leukemia & Lymphoma Society
Nonprofit Management Intern (non-residency)Helpers Of Our Farm
Marketing InternAdaptive Sports Center
Social Media and Communications InternshipGrassroots Diabetes
Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, National Dispatch CenterBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: March 17 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64061
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, National Dispatch Center is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington DC.
Some nights and weekends may be required at times.
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June – August)
• 40 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Support the National Disaster Dispatch Center staff and volunteers by collecting caller and client information and dispatching disaster action teams around the country.
• Gain proficiency in the skills surrounding National Dispatch Center protocols and procedures in order to provide training and support to incoming NDC volunteers.
• Aid in the development, testing & implementation of new American Red Cross new technologies.
• Provide support to ARC disaster action teams and ARC chapters as the entry point to recovery services.
• Participate in intern-specific enrichment opportunities, sponsored by the American Red Cross, geared towards supplementing their internship experience.
• Exit their internship experience being confident that they have helped to alleviate the suffering of those who are involved in natural disasters or fires.
• Undergraduate or Graduate Student
• Basic Internet Research, Interpersonal Skills, Team Oriented, Tech Savvy
• Additional Useful Skills: Coding, Photoshop, Multi-Media familiarity, Microsoft Publisher
• Knowledge of MS SharePoint beneficial
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and filtering data sets
• Proficiency in internet searching and web browsers
• English, Spanish
• Public Service oriented, Driven, Diligent, Innovative, Naturally Curious, Critical Thinker, Team Player,
• Interest in training and development
• Multi-Media knowledge
• Data/Statistical Analysis
• Social Work
• Human Service
• Community Services-Domestic