Intern, Client Casework,American Red Cross of Central Ohio
Resource Development InternComal County Habitat for Humanity
Adoption Agency InternHeartsent Adoptions, Inc.
Development and Special Events InternMultiple Sclerosis Association of America
Grant Writer InternshipTroolu Inc.
Volunteer Engagement InternCasey Trees
Part-time Intern/Project Assistant: Program CoordinationNDI
Intern, Operations ManagementBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 22 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64315
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The intern will support the Chief Operations Officer with business and finance related analysis, statistical gathering and metric reporting for regional initiative and performance metrics. Support HR Staff Development activities and training. Participate in and support Volunteer and Service Delivery Activities of Sr. Leadership.
The Intern, Operations Management is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY in the Manhattan Office at 520 W 49th Street.
• Must be a current Graduate or MBA Student studying Business, Finance, Statistics, or Math related
• Familiarity and comfort with spreadsheets and PowerPoint
• Good communication skills--written and verbal
• Interest in business practice and processes
• Comfort in cubicle environment in moderately busy office
• Ability to work on laptop at desk
• Individual must be self-motivated and able to work without supervision
• Comfortable around Senior Leaders, Board members and Director level personnel
• Interest in management and personnel development is helpful
• Develop and gather data on annualized goal, benchmark and performance;
• Assist with report generation for Senior Leadership
• Support COO in planning and executing HR skill training;
• Support team development activities;
• Support committee work and activities
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester - June through August
• 20-25 hours/week 3 days per week, ideally.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.