Community Outreach AssociateImpact Branding Consulting, Inc
Paid Intern-Contracts and Grants (IFES)IFES
Teachers/Counselors at a Transformative SAT Summer CampYleana Leadership Academy
Recruitment Internship with Non-ProfitFund for the Public Interest
Work for Progress Recruitment InternshipWork for Progress
Recruitment Intern with PIRG Campus ActionWork for Progress
Recruitment Department InternWork for Progress
COMMUNICATIONS INTERNCrohn's & Colitis Foundation of America
Intern, (PHSS) Preparedness Health and Safety Services Customer Operations Data AnalystBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: February 16 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63230
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, (PHSS) Preparedness Health and Safety Services customer Operations Data Analyst is a Paid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity will be located at Washington, DC.
This department manages a broad set of complex policy administration and customer support functions that cut across various Red Cross and PHSS business units. The team originates, manages and maintains oversight of directives, procedures and processes in the PHSS Manual of Policies and Procedures ensuring they are current and meet audit, legal and risk requirements.
They provide oversight for program initiatives that impact PHSS back office functions; customer credit extension, accounts receivable, discount operations, and the reduction and resolution of invoice errors related to PHSS training and product sales. More simply, efforts are geared to improve the customer experience as it is impacted by ordering services and invoicing while positively effecting accounts receivables. This starts with ensuring integrity of customer data at the point of sale, application of discounted pricing, invoicing and quickly resolving disputes along the continuum. We employ Six Sigma principles to measure success.
They are the primary liaison to other Red Cross units responsible for directing delivery of PHSS services internationally and the management and promotion of the Lifesaving Awards programs.
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Analyze Accounts Receivable data to understand why customers are not paying timely. Determine actions to reduce the percent of open invoices particularly high dollar amounts over 90 days. Work on project to implement electronic invoicing options. The intern will contribute to revising policies and procedures for customer invoice payment and collections. Work with program managers to implement recommendations
• Conduct an analysis of customer invoicing inquiries [invoicing cases]. Assess the quality of the data input by agents, recommend and develop a process for auditing data quality and ensuring issue is completely resolved. Support related six sigma projects for improving the handling of certain types of customer issues.
• Manage and compile database of points of contacts, courses and services fees provided by Red Cross/Red Crescent societies to be shared with PHSS sales staff.
• Undergraduate – preferably rising Senior studying Bachelors of Science: Concentration in Business, Economics, Financial Management, Operations Management or related.
• Areas of Study: Business Analytics, Business Intelligence, Data Management, Management Information Systems, Finance, Accounting, Decision Support Systems, Computer Science, Operations Management, Process Management, Quality Management
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite with proficient skills using MS Excel (pivot tables, graphing, macros etc.) and PowerPoint.
• MS Visio desired but not required.
• Experience with CRM software and report development in those tools such as Salesforce, SAP/Business Objects, MS Dynamics, Oracle, Marketo, Zendesk or similar is a plus but not required.
• Possesses a strong interest in data collection and analysis. Ability to analyze business issues, conduct data analysis and provide data driven logical, compelling and clear of action plans.
• Ability to tell a story with Excel reports and present conclusions and recommendations in a presentation format.
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple task and meet deadlines
• Excellent written
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (May – Aug)
• 40 hours/week