Public Relations InternAspect Int'l Language Academies At University Of Central Florida
Non-Profit Development InternAmerican Institute for Behavioral Research and Technology
Social Media & Community Management InternChildren's Advocacy Centers of Georgia, Inc.
Summer 2017 Communications InternshipA Glimmer of Hope
Annual Meeting InternNACUBO
Digital Outreach Associate for Non Profit Art Blog Gallery in support of Immigrant RightsRiding Up Front, Inc.
Paid Science Policy InternshipResearch!America
Internship in a Women Centre in Cape TownMagister International
Intern, Planning & Situational AwarenessBookmark This
American Red Cross
HUM NY Long Island Chapter - NY616
New York, NY
Posted: February 02 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionThe American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Planning & Situational Awareness is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based at 520 w 49th street, NY, NY 10019.
All Interns are Part Time and hours will need to be worked Monday – Friday between 9am – 5pm.
Some evenings and weekends may be required.
• Undergraduate junior or above student in Urban Studies/Planning, Disaster Management, Emergency Management, or related field
• Detailed and attention oriented
• Proficient use of MS Office package
• Proficient communications skills
• Information management skills
• Note taking skills
• Disaster Relief work desire
• Volunteer on-boarding: ensure new volunteers have taken all required trainings
• Support the development of volunteer engagement opportunities, such as workshops, trainings, newsfeeds, etc.
• Assist in preparation and dissemination of critical information documents during large disasters (gray sky incidents, and large blue sky incidents)
• Develop ‘After Action Report’ for the Planning department, immediately following the conclusion of a relief operation
• Other programmatic support functions, as deemed by the Planning Director
• Any special project of the Interns choosing (within the Planning dept.)
Candidates will be considered for the winter/spring 2016 semester.
• 20-25 hours/week
Direct Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=62525
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.