Grant WriterBeloved Streets of America
Fundraising SpecialistBeloved Streets of America
Kitten Nursery InternBest Friends Animal Society
Community Cat (TNR) InternBest Friends Animal Society
TRIBE ARTISTS FOUNDATION - Non Profit Fundraising Intern/Volunteer ***IMMEDIATE HIRE** (SPRING 2017)Tribe Artists, LLC
Fundraising InternNothing But Net-Elite Basketball Coaching
Public Relations and Social Media InternWish of a Lifetime
Social Media & Communications InternNaugatuck Youth Services, Inc.
Intern, Principal & Major GiftsBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: March 14 2016
Application Deadline: Available Year-round
Position: Part-time, Unpaid
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=63938
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Principal & Major Gifts is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in Washington DC.
• Undergraduate junior or senior or graduate student preferred, studying public administration or non-profit studies preferred, but history, political science, business, communications majors, or related
• Microsoft excel expert: manipulating data, creating graphs, charts and reports
• Strongly proficient and Microsoft access and Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Power Point)
• Experience with Salesforce a plus
• Experience working in a non-profit, fundraising environment or with event planning, graphic design or non-profit board experience a plus
Other important skills or requirements: Self-starter, ability to work independently and with teammates and to adapt to changing campaign needs. Strong skills in writing, summarizing and working with data to create reports, charts and graphs a must. Excellent conversational skills; this intern will interact daily with major annual donors to the American Red Cross
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (June through August)
• 15 to 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
• Review incoming major gifts on a weekly basis and update Salesforce (donor database) records accordingly, while communicating with field fundraisers on next steps for new gifts
• This position will assist with logistical coordination pertaining to the Tiffany Circle 2016 Mission Summit in Charleston, SC (to be held Sept. 28-30, 2016)
• RSVP/Database management will be an essential aspect of this job
• Assist with writing/producing event collateral (name badges, itineraries, programs)
• Assist with vendor selection and management
• Manage tasks/progress against project timeline
• Liaise with local Relationship Managers as necessary regarding event attendance
• Support the Principal and Major Gifts team with general office support projects on an as needed basis