Accounting InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Office InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Marketing InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Public Relations InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Graphic Design InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Human Resources InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Media Intern (Film/Video/Photo)K.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Editorial / Journalism InternK.I.S.H. Home,Inc
Intern, Student EngagementBookmark This
American Red Cross
New York City Offices
New York, NY
Posted: March 21 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64238
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
The Intern, Student Engagement is an Unpaid Internship where candidates must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship. The opportunity is based in New York, NY.
• Undergraduate sophomore or above student studying Marketing, Communications, Public Relations, or related
• Computer Skills Requirements (Microsoft Office)
• Social Media Experience
• Previous Event Planning Experience (understanding of special events and nonprofit industry)
• Previous Marketing Experience
• Interest in working with youth
• Graphic Design skills is a plus
The Intern, Student Engagement will be a part of the Youth Services team in NYC. The intern will be responsible for a long term project in developing an events portfolio for monthly events throughout the year. Events will be geared towards Red Cross High School and College club members and relate to the organization’s mission and programs.
• Work with Regional Manager to plan Chapter Based Opportunities and Events for the Academic Year
• Assist with the creation of a yearly events portfolio (includes all logistics and presentations for each monthly event)
• Provide insight on marketing and communication for each event
Candidates will be considered for the summer 2016 semester (Late May through August)
• 20 hours/week
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.