Executive Administrative AssistantHEROES
Marketing Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Public Relations Internship Fall 2017HEROES
Administrative AssistantThe Alive Inside Foundation
Social Media & Community Management InternThe Alive Inside Foundation
Office ManagerA Place For Me Mentoring Foundation
Social Media InternshipHEROES
Business Development InternshipHEROES
Intern, Talent AcquisitionBookmark This
American Red Cross
NHQ 2025 E Street NW
Posted: March 24 2016
Always be on the alert for potentially fraudulent job postings online - never send money to a potential employer.
DescriptionDirect Apply Link: https://www.americanredcross.apply2jobs.com/ProfExt/index.cfm?fuseaction=mExternal.showJob&RID=64423
The American Red Cross shelters, feeds and provides emotional support to victims of disasters; supplies about 40 percent of the nation's blood; teaches skills that save lives; provides international humanitarian aid; and supports military members and their families. The Red Cross is a not-for-profit organization that depends on volunteers and the generosity of the American public to perform its mission.
The American Red Cross offers exceptional undergraduate and graduate students both unpaid and paid internship opportunities at our Red Cross national headquarters in Washington, D.C. and in chapters across the country through our Internship Program. Interns are matched with a specific department where they work on advancing critical projects.
We are currently looking for a summer (May 2016-August 2016) Intern for our Human Resources Talent Acquisition department. Contingent upon performance, this opportunity could expand into the fall 2016 semester (September-December). Interns must be enrolled in a degree program at the time of the internship.
The Talent Acquisition Intern is responsible for project management support for the College and Diversity Programs team, as well as participation in the full life-cycle recruiting process for American Red Cross interns. The TA intern provides support for all intern programs and associated processes.
The summer internship is a part time position at 20 hours per week. If the intern continues during the school year, the position will become part time (20 hours/week)
The Intern, Talent Acquisition unpaid internship is based at our National Headquarters in Washington, DC with some virtual work required.
ResponsibilitiesSpecific projects include:
• Actively participate in the full cycle recruiting process for American Red Cross Intern program (sourcing, screening, interview scheduling, on boarding support)
• Gain understanding of Internship Program processes through assisting in the development and roll out of internship program policies, guidelines, and tools.
• Coordination of the Summer Internship Program events and assistance with a process improvement effort to enhance the program for future summers
• Assist in the development of concepts for Intern events
• Respond to and manage the Intern Program Inbox
• Monitor and update Internship Program Communities Page, update Internship Program website and internship related social media sites (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram)
• Aid in the enhancement of the summer internship program social media presence and enhancement of the ARC InternMatch campus hub
• Partner with Sr. Advisor to review and update all intern communications (orientation materials, interns sponsor intern guide, and intern handbook)
• Write articles on the intern program for the ARC website, ARC Campus Hub, and other sites as needed
• Conduct a survey and focus group of recent interns to gather feedback and marketing information.
• Other duties as needed to support team.
• Undergraduate or graduate student enrolled in Human Resources, Business or a related discipline
• Interest in Talent Acquisition and College Relations Process
• Strong organizational, project management, and presentation skills
• Prior experience with project management and event planning
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment with a demonstrated ability to accomplish multiple task and meet deadlines
• Ability to work in a virtual management setting
• Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Social Media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn)
• Strong customer service, interpersonal, negotiation, and oral/written communication a must
The American Red Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.